On a night out last week, I was travelling in a taxi to the restaurant and took a quick look in my compact mirror. Not only did I have a streak of black eye liner down the side of my face (not the look I was going for) I also looked really rather shiny.
Although I usually manage to cram the make up essentials into my little clutch bag, I didn’t have any powder and nor did my fellow companions. I don’t normally wear powder anyway, just bronzer, as my skin is usually quite dry but I must have over moisturised and it looked like I had glossed my face as well as my lips!
But then my friend Rose, the make up saviour of the day, pulled this little envelope out of her bag which looked like a business card holder. This was then the moment I was introduced to these…..Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets.
They are really thin sheets that you use to dab/rub on your face to absorb any grease on your face to give you a mat finish. I was pretty sceptical at first that a soft little sheet could make such a difference, but it does. Bloody brilliant. So this is why they are My Star Buy Of the Week. These will definitely become one of my make up essentials.
Some more reasons why I liked these so much:
- There are 50 in the envelope and are only £2.99 for a pack
- They are small enough to fit in the smallest of handbags
- They don’t give you that white, ghostly look that powder can give you
- They are nothing like the paper powder sheets you used to be able to buy (if anyone remembers them – they were like tracing paper!)
- They are great for people who have a problem with greasy skin or anyone who ever looks a bit shiny.
- You can buy them in supermarkets as well as the usual places like Boots and Superdrug.
Don’t think they are just for women though. My husband has stolen a few of them too to keep the grease at bay. But please don’t tell him I told you.
Thanks for reading…AML x